In this adaptation of an old classic, the children Hansel & Gretel find themselves left in the woods by their father, on the command of their new stepmother. Lost and unsure, the children meet some interesting characters in the woods, and chance upon a house made of sweets with a nice lady living there – but this isn’t an ordinary lady, this is a witch, and she’s hungry! The children had better watch out, or they might end up inside her oven!
The show is suitable for children of all ages (3+ recommended) so don’t worry about it being too scary for the little ones! The characters will interact with the audience, and it will feature lots of excitement, adventure and even some sword fighting!
Hansel & Gretel is a great way of teaching children important lessons through fun as well as an opportunity to experience fun theatre at an affordable price.
The Initiate Theatre team have years of experience performing professional theatre, bringing stories for children to life and work regularly with schools and children of all ages.
- You can access this space from our main entrance at the front of the building, the doors to this space are on the same level.
- This is a seated and standing space, depending on the performance.
- There are two access seats in our Red Brick space.
- For standing events, you can request an access seat at the point of booking.
- To access the toilets you need to use the lift from the foyer to the ground floor where you will find our access toilet, baby changing facility and a Changing Places facility.
- We have two parking spaces at the front of our building (just outside the Southgate entrance of The Piece Hall) and two spaces down the side of our building just off Square Road. These spaces are available for Square Chapel customers and you must book spaces in advance of your visit, and display a blue badge.
- Booking the access parking spaces means you will enter the building from our stage door area and will need to use the lift to take you to the foyer, kitchen, bar and Red Brick space.
- Blue badge holders can reserve a parking space by emailing details of the car reg, make, model, colour, name of the owner, and date of time of performance attending. Email email@example.com